Short But Sweet

Romy Schneider in "Ludwig"
I've always preferred shorter names, and while I love the elegance and drama of a long name like Anastasia or Theodosia, I just could never imagine myself actually using one in real life. So this list is dedicated to the sort of name I like, short but sweet, refined, and with a hint of spark.

Girls:

Ivy
Adele
Una/Oona
Faye
Eve
Rue
Selma
Freya
Zelda
Cora
Iris
Vega
Thea
Opal
Greta
Mira
Sybil/Sibyl
Ada
Vera
Juno
Vida
Nina
Fern
Clio
Esme
Edie/Eadie
Lyra
Olive
Romy
Jane
Blythe
Greer
Elle
Dora
Eliza
Alba
Neve
Pearl
Frida
Meryl
Rita
Hollis
Arya
Pia
Tilda
Mina
Nova
Margot
Rilla

Boys:

Beau
Ike
Jude
Asher
Kai
Rafe
Jack
Niles
Flint
Clive
Nash
Tate
Lev
Joss
Boaz
Cosmo
Gale
Thane
Bram
Luca
Cato
Hugo
Rex
Heath
Aldo
March
Ives
Kit
Roman
Dante
Sage
Linus
Rory
Quint
Lane
Finn and Flynn

Comments

  1. From your girls list I love : Oona, Greta, Sibyl, Clio, Blythe and Rita. I would add Zelda, Thea, Opal, Maud, Veda, Silvie, Iris and Sable.

    From your boys list I love : Beau, Jude, Jack, Tate, Joss, Bram, Rex and Kit. I would add Boaz, Linus, Whit, Ray, Aldo, Nash, Perry, Cosmo and Hugo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the suggestion! I added some of them.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Angourie

Yara

Names from the 2022 Winter Olympics